Information & Services
Technical researcher - expert detergents and consumables
For our Products & Services competence centre we are currently looking for a Technical researcher - expert detergents and consumables.
- As a member of our Home & Mobility team, you are responsible for testing and research projects regarding household appliances and products, mainly in the field of detergents and daily consumables.
- You initiate, in collaboration with researchers in other consumer organizations, new research and test projects. You follow up on continuous and recurring research projects and test programs. You manage the quality, budget and timing of these projects.
- You analyse and evaluate the research and test results. You select and interpret the test data from international laboratories in the context of Belgian consumer interests. You compare the performance and environmental impact of products, and their value for money.
- You write clear reports. You present research results correctly and in detail. You formulate clear conclusions and consumer-oriented standpoints. You review editorial content throughout the drafting process and check technical data. You consult frequently with market analysts and editorial staff.
- You keep the online comparators up to date for the product categories for which you are responsible.
- You stay abreast of evolutions and innovation regarding the product families for which you are our expert, also in the field of ecological evolutions (e.g. the EU Green Deal), where you must keep a critical eye on the added value for the consumer.
- You work closely with colleagues in other European consumer organizations, and with laboratories across the continent.
- You have a professional bachelor or master degree in (Bio-)Chemistry, Biotechnology, Bioengineering (or similar).
- You have an affinity with chemical analysis of household products and consumables.
- You attach importance to the environmental impact of the tested products, without losing sight of their effectiveness.
- You have a quick insight into complex matters and a good sense of analysis and synthesis. You can explain the essence of a complex analysis comprehensively to colleagues and consumers.
- You think from the point of view of and the interest for the consumer/reader, both in setting up and evaluating test results and when participating in online or print publications. A smooth pen is a plus.
- You also help look for new opportunities to exploit the value of our research.
- You are result-oriented, and you do not hesitate to take initiatives.
- You know how to keep the balance between quality, budget and timing. You meet deadlines.
- You have good skills in the use of MS-Office tools; an advanced level of knowledge of Excel is a plus.
- You like working in an international environment.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and French as well as English.
- You easily establish relationships, both internally and externally (with manufacturers, distributors, members, ...) and communicate convincingly and efficiently.
- A varied position where you can use your competencies to serve the consumer within a group with an international image.
- A full-time contract for an indefinite period.
- An attractive salary, supplemented with extra-legal benefits (insurance, meal vouchers, reimbursement of transport costs, ...).
- A flexible schedule.
- Very good accessibility (near the train station Brussels-South).
Send your CV and motivation letter, preferably by e-mail to JeanLuc.Laurent.email@example.com